SOMETIMES, MOBILE TECHNOLOGY IS THE ONLY WAY THAT WORKERS CAN STAY PUT WHERE THEY ARE (AND STAY PRODUCTIVE WITHOUT CONSTANT INTERRUPTION).
Why any company with asset tagging workflows needs to seriously consider investing in mobile printing solutions that can print and encode RAIN RFID labels on-demand from anywhere, whether that’s 50 feet up a utility pole or 50 steps away from the nearest desktop label printer.
HOW SMALLER RFID PRINTERS EQUATE TO A BIGGER ROI FOR MANY OF YOUR RFID LABELING WORKFLOWS
RFID tagging is growing in popularity across many sectors as organizations seek ways to better track and trace inventory and assets. High-value goods such as industrial equipment, IT assets, retail apparel, footwear, returnable containers, pallets, packages, food, patient wristbands and even airline passenger baggage can be better monitored and more easily located with an RFID tag than a barcode-only label, as can pallets and even individual items on store shelves.
Yet, most RFID label printers are stationary printers that sit on top of a desk inside the four walls of a facility. That means that field-based workers must either batch print labels prior to heading out on their route (assuming they know which assets need to be tagged that day) or they must frequently travel to and from a printer workstation to print labels when needed.
Plus, giving workers a way to print an RFID tag and immediately affix it to an asset helps to mitigate the risk of mis-tagging, which is quite a common occurrence.
Therefore, workers who need to print RFID labels to do their job and do not have constant arms-length-type access to a desktop RFID printer really should be given a lightweight mobile RFID printer to carry with them everywhere they go. These include, but are not limited to, workers responsible for:
MEET THE NEW ZEBRA ZQ511 AND ZQ521 FULLY RUGGED MOBILE RFID PRINTERS!
Thanks to a little innovation and a lot of smart engineering, Zebra’s fully rugged ZQ500 Series rugged mobile printer models can be used for RAIN RFID label printing and encoding in the field or the four walls of your facilities when needed. We also introduced a smaller 3-inch form factor (ZQ511) into the lineup and integrated all of the below features into both the new ZQ511 and the standard 4-inch mobile printer design (ZQ521):
- Higher capacity PowerPrecision+ batteries
- Better radios that have intelligent sleep mode with instant wake over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (so your printer can stay on all shift long) and fast 802.11r roaming connections for seamless connectivity while on the move
- New and improved Asian character sets
- New Power Smart Print Technology, printheads and print mechanisms which helps the printer to adapt darkness and speed depending on temperature condition
- Designed and certified to meet MIL-STD 810G for drop and shock
- Tumble tested per the IEC68-2-32 spec to handle 1300 tumbles from 3.3 ft/1M?
- Protected from solid and liquid ingress with an IP54 rating right out of the box – without the need for a protective case – and upgradeable to an optional exoskeleton case that increases the drop rating from 6.6 ft to 10 ft and improves the IP rating to IP65?
That’s right, we now offer both 3-inch (ZQ511) and 4-inch (ZQ521) fully rugged mobile printers that are able to generate all kinds of different product, item, asset, case and pallet RFID tags in practically any environment for hours on end!